Rejuvenate your skin with Dermal Fillers from Bella Derma Laser & Med Spa
Stubborn signs of aging can appear as fine lines and wrinkles, dark circles under your eyes, sagging skin, and more. At Bella Derma Laser & Med Spa, long gone are the days when an aging appearance outweighed the youthfulness inside. We are more active, living longer, and should be able to look as good on the outside as we feel on the inside without having to pay for expensive and risky surgical procedures.
At Bella Derma Laser & Med Spa, we use dermal fillers to offer a natural-looking rejuvenation to the skin, minimizing wrinkles, plumping, and lifting sagging skin for a refreshed, youthful glow.
Dermal fillers, also known as soft tissue fillers or injectable fillers, are substances injected into the skin to restore volume, enhance contours, and diminish the appearance of wrinkles and scars. Dermal fillers are appealing because most of them provide almost immediate results and are a more affordable option versus surgery.
Dermal fillers have risen in popularity as one of the most common rejuvenation modalities providing many benefits to those looking to freshen their appearance.
Dermal fillers can help with the following:
- Wrinkle reduction: Dermal fillers can effectively diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly those caused by aging or sun damage. The fillers add volume to the skin, plumping it up and smoothing wrinkles.
- Facial contouring: Dermal fillers can enhance and restore facial contours. They can add volume to areas such as the cheeks, chin, or jawline, helping to create a more defined and youthful appearance.
- Lip augmentation: Many people opt for dermal fillers to achieve fuller and more voluminous lips. Fillers can add shape, definition, and volume to the lips, creating a more attractive and balanced look.
- Scar reduction: Dermal fillers can improve the appearance of certain scars, such as acne or indented scars. By injecting fillers into the depressed areas, they can be raised to the level of the surrounding skin, making the scar less noticeable.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Several types of dermal fillers exist, each with unique characteristics and applications. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that helps retain moisture and adds volume to the skin. Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most common dermal fillers to treat fine lines and wrinkles and enhance facial contours. Brand names of hyaluronic acid fillers you may recognize include: Juvederm and Restylane.
It’s important to note that while dermal fillers offer these benefits, a qualified and experienced healthcare professional should always perform the procedure to ensure safety and achieve the desired outcomes. Individual experiences with dermal fillers may vary, so it’s essential to consult with a medical professional to determine if the treatment is suitable for your specific goals and needs.
While dermal fillers are generally considered safe when administered by qualified healthcare professionals, certain risks and potential side effects are associated with the procedure. It’s important to be aware of these risks and discuss them with your healthcare provider before undergoing treatment. Some of the potential risks of getting dermal fillers include:
- Injection-related reactions: After the injection, some individuals may experience temporary side effects such as redness, swelling, bruising, itching, or tenderness at the injection site. These reactions are typically mild and resolve independently within a few days.
- Allergic reactions: Although rare, some individuals may have an allergic reaction to the filler substance. Symptoms may include itching, rash, hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing. If you have a known allergy to any components of the filler, it’s essential to inform your healthcare provider before the procedure.
- Infection: Infections at the injection site are rare but possible. It’s crucial to ensure that a qualified professional performs the procedure in a sterile environment to minimize the risk of infection. If you notice signs of infection, such as increased pain, redness, swelling, or fever, it’s important to seek medical attention promptly.
- Vascular complications: In rare cases, dermal filler injections can inadvertently injure blood vessels, leading to complications. These complications may include skin discoloration, tissue damage, or even blindness if a blood vessel supplying the retina is affected. Choosing an experienced and skilled healthcare provider can help minimize the risk of vascular complications.
- Nodules or lumps: Occasionally, small nodules or lumps may develop under the skin at the injection site. These can sometimes be felt or seen and may require further treatment, such as massage, injection of enzymes to dissolve the filler, or, in rare cases, surgical removal.
- Migration or asymmetry: In some cases, dermal fillers may move from the intended injection site, resulting in uneven or asymmetrical results. Skilled injection techniques can minimize this risk, but discussing your desired outcomes and potential risks with your healthcare provider is important.
- Granulomas: Granulomas are small, firm bumps that can develop under the skin as a reaction to the filler material. While rare, granulomas may require additional treatment or even surgical removal.
Choosing a qualified and experienced healthcare professional for your dermal filler procedure is crucial to minimize the risks associated with the treatment. Before moving forward, your provider will evaluate your medical history, assess your needs, and discuss the procedure’s potential risks and benefits.
If you are ready to minimize wrinkles, reduce the appearance of sunken eyes and dark circles, add more definition to your face, and rejuvenate your beauty, call Bella Derma today. We will discuss your areas of concern and work with you to feel your most radiant.
Schedule your appointment HERE for Bella Derma Laser & Med Spa.